This resume example for a Mechanical Engineer begins with a summary of Edgar’s skills specific to this particular position.
His professional experience immediately follows starting with his current role as a Mechanical Hardware Engineer.
Each position shown contains the job title, employment dates, and a summary of the role.
An extensive list of bullet points follows highlighting specific duties
The Education section indicates that he has completed his Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering as well as the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam.
- Dedicated Mechanical Engineer with R&D experience designing products for companies ranging from start-ups to world-wide manufacturers.
- Proficient in using state-of-the-art tools and methods, certified in welding processes and equipment.
- Solid leadership and applied knowledge to competently communicate with external and internal customers and corporate stakeholders.
- Bilingual English and Spanish.
Statements of Experience
- Ink-jet printer design, most recently on the PageWide A3 Color MFP family of products.
- Worldwide travel to support product prototype builds at manufacturing sites.
- Paper path and finisher design and development.
- Injection-molded plastic, machined metal and sheet-metal part and assembly design.
- Solid modeling & 2-D drafting documentation using PTC Creo.
- Use of ANSI/ASME Y14.5 GD&T to communicate tolerance & inspection requirements.
- Coordination and approval of production part first article & Cpk metrology inspections.
- Prototyping of designs using local Model Shop and 3D-printing resources.
- Creation of test and assembly fixturing.
- Test and characterization of components and assemblies to quantify failure, including accelerated life, fatigue, environmental.
- Collaboration with EEs, firmware engineers, technicians & test operators in the design, troubleshooting & resolution of issues.
- Collection and inspection of servo metrics and test data from local and remote locations
- Troubleshooting of test-related issues to root cause and solution implementation.