The sample below highlights Kelly’s experience in a Human Resources Counsel role. The resume opens with a paragraph that summarizes her related experience.
The summary is followed by a bulleted list of expertise and skills. This includes job-specific keywords such as collective bargaining and labor law that will aid in getting recognized in searches.
Kelly’s professional experience begins by listing her current job as a General Counsel/Director of Human Resources.
The title and employment dates of each position are followed by statements that describe her duties and role within each company.
The resume ends by providing her Education and Certifications, including her Juris Doctor in Labor Law and certification as a Senior Professional in Human Resources.
Human Resource Counsel Summary
- Dynamic human resources leader with diverse experience in the public, manufacturing and service sectors, most recently with a government contracting company seeking position as director or vice president of HR with a growing or established organization.
- Possesses effective communication skills and the ability to establish and sustain productive relationships with peers, superiors and executive management.
Human Resource Counsel Experience Statements
- Responsible for all internal legal activities, such as direction of and coordination with outside litigation counsel, contract negotiation, review and interpretation, responses to government inquiries and investigations, and supervision of junior staff attorney.
- Directs the HR department, including payroll, employee/labor relations, benefits, policy development and interpretation, recruiting, organizational development and supervising a staff of five for a government contracting organization.
- Served as the strategic and day-to-day HR resource for the Decatur site.
- Partnered with operational leaders to provide coaching and counseling on workplace environment, discipline, policy interpretation, reward and recognition, employee relations issues, personnel development planning, recruiting, performance management, compensation, and diversity and inclusion.
- Developed and managed the recruiting process and budget.
- Independent human resources consultant to small businesses, including human resources management, strategic consulting, government compliance, training, investigations, and recruiting and selection.
- Led a staff of HR professionals responsible for all human resources activities for 400 employees-250 unionized and 150 non-union.
- Provided dotted-line oversight of operations supervisors and managers as the HR leader for the Livonia manufacturing and distribution facility, including field sales and a satellite distribution depot.
- Trained teams of supervisors and managers across the country as a member of the Dean National Academy team.
More Legal and Attorney Resumes
- Civic Leader – Political
- Compliance Officer
- Court Clerk
- Criminal Justice
- Freelance Property Lawyer
- General Counsel
- Healthcare Attorney
- Human Resource Counsel
- Lawyer – Legal Director
- Legal Assistant
- Legal Secretary
- Litigation Attorney
- Paralegal Assistant
- Patent Attorney
- Principal Attorney
- Prosecutor – Attorney
- Real Estate Attorney
- Trial Attorney