Here we have a resume for a Database Administration (DBA) professional. The resume can be a useful resource for software developer or information systems engineer.
In this before and after version of a database administrator resume, the candidate went through such a career transition that his before resume looks like a completely different person compared to his current professional profile.
In the after version of this resume, the writer only uses highlights going back 10 years to capture William’s education and experience in IT while focusing on the important recent areas of expertise.
The Technical Competencies section expertly breaks out his technical skills thus preventing the reader from having to search for this pertinent information. The experience section outlines technical experience as well as demonstrating success and accomplishments at each position.
Database Administration Resume Example Resume Statements
- Expertise in Oracle and SQL Server database administration.
- Extensive experience in the database architecture design.
- Problem solver with demonstrated success analyzing complex technical issues and rapidly finding solutions.
- Administer database applications, performance and tools.
- Create and deploy database continuity and redundancy plans including backup and recovery processes.
- Compose written documentation for support of administration software including step by step operational procedures.
- Install, patch and upgrade existing applications.
- Oversee data load and monitor load balancing tools.
- Create specific data objects and structures such as tables and indexes.
- Deploy security protocols, profiles, passwords and privileges.
- Responsible for answering high volume IT support tickets.
- Optimize database performance and streamline data handing processes.