Welcome to our Resume Writing Blog! This area of our site provides a variety of blog articles with tips and advice for improving your resume, getting interviews and landing a new job.
The categories listed above focus on specific topics such as resume writing advice and common mistakes. You can look for posts on digital / online documents and formatting. Specific articles focus on word and verb usage as well as the summary / introduction.
The cover letter category provides general advice and common mistakes to avoid. The career section covers job search and job interview techniques. Separate categories are devoted to career planning and network. We have a special section devoted to professionals engaging in a career change.
Recent Resume Writing Advice Posts
- Shockingly Bad Résumés: Don’t Make These Mistakes!
- Resume Font Wars – Serif versus Sans-Serif
- Are you Wasting Your Valuable Job Search Time by Working with a Bad Resume?
- Common Resume Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- Tips to Enhance Your Resume for Allied Health Jobs
Recent Cover Letter Writing Advice Posts
- Writing a Cover Letter
- Effective Cover Letter Examples and Formats
- Useful Cover Letter and Resume Tips for Nonprofit Careers
- Is Your Cover Letter Fluff or Substance?
- 3 Important Aspects of Your Resume Cover Letter
Recent Career and Job Search Posts
- When It’s Time To Leave: Five Beneficial Career Moves
- Unemployed or Undervalued? Excavate New Opportunities
- Career Fair Presentation Tips
- Why Do Employers Like to Hire Employed People?
- Twésumé, Twésumé Mucho!