Resume Writing Guides
This area of our site provides a menu list of links to a variety of articles related to resume writing. The articles are written by several of our contributing professional and certified resume writers and key partners.
The resume writing articles cover 3 main areas: general resume writing advice and tips to improve the effectiveness of your resume; resume structure techniques that describe how to put together the resume and utilization of different formats; and resume mistakes that discuss the most common issues people have with resume writing and how to avoid these critical errors.
Resume Writing Advice
- 3 Simple Tricks to Make Your Resume Pop
- 3 Ways to Make Sure Your Résumé Gets Noticed
- Basic Resume Tips
- Choosing Professional Resume Services
- Create an ATS-friendly Resume
- Executive and Mid Management Resume Tips
- Pro Tips for Proofreading Your Resume
- Resume Tips for Recent College Grads
- Resume Trends for 2016
- Resume Writing Tips for Non-College Graduates
- Tips to Enhance Your Resume for Allied Health Jobs
- Useful Cover Letter and Resume Tips for Nonprofit Careers
Resume Writing Mistakes
Resume Writing Structure & Formatting
- Create a Mobile Friendly Resume
- Create a Resume Opening that Wows
- Do You Have a Really Bad Resume or is it Just Not Very Good?
- Functional Resume Example
- Resume Font Wars – Serif versus Sans-Serif
- Resume Verbs – Synonyms to Spice Up Your Resume
- Reverse Chronological Resume Example
- Top Five Reasons Why Your Resume Sucks!
- Using an Executive Summary on Your Resume
The categories listed above focus on specific topics such as resume writing advice and common mistakes. Our authors also publish articles on job search, job interviews, career planning and general career advice. You will find links to our other article categories on the right side navigation.
Our resources section also covers topics such as templates, types of resume formats, verb lists with synonyms and other helpful writing tools. You can find links to our resume reosurces on the right side menu.
We occasionally accept articles from guest authors from other top career blogs. If you are interested in guest posting on our blog, click the link at the bottom of our page that says “Partner with us.”