Chief Information Officer Resume Example for CIO Technology Executive. This can be used as a resource for any C-Level, Vice President or Director level IT position.
This IT executive resume begins with a job title line to make it clear that this professional has experience serving as a Chief Information Officer. The resume then uses an executive summary to outline overall experience in the planning and development of cutting edge information systems. The remaining statements document the job seeker’s supporting experience.
The resume uses an “Areas of Expertise” section that allows the reader to quickly and easily identify key qualification disciplines. This includes budgeting, ERP, mergers, acquisitions, Internet, security and several other related skills.
The next section is unique as the candidate decided to highlight specific achievements before the reverse chronological descriptions of previous positions. This method is very effective as this section encapsulates the entirety of the executive’s career success. The accomplishments document percentage improvements in cost reductions and revenues. The writer also includes achievements related to large-scale technology and systems implementation.
Technology Executive Resume Writing
The experience section uses a short paragraph for a company description and 5-6 statements to describe the scope of work at each position. Again the job seeker separates specific accomplishments at each position in bullet points. This is a particularly effective format for any executive with an extensive career and a long list of accomplishments.
When you’re writing your resume, sometimes you’re short of space in the first page where your job listings, education and other training fall off the first page and begin a second or sometimes a third one. When this is the case (and this happens really, really often) you should consider formatting options, eliminating unnecessary words and phrases from your resume’s first page contents, adjusting font sizes and other tricks to get your education and training sections into the first page. We tend to pay lots more attention to what begins a page and if you’re adding filler job listings to make up a second page you will be giving too much emphasis to a part of your history that you don’t want to emphasize.
More Executive Resume Examples
- Art Director Resume Example
- Business Development Resume Example
- Business Operations Executive Resume Example
- CEO / CFO Executive Resume Example
- CEO Resume Example
- Chief Executive Officer Resume Example
- Chief Information Officer CIO Resume Example
- Chief Operating Officer Resume Example
- Chief Operations Director COO Resume Example
- CIO Technology Executive Resume Example
- Controller Resume Example
- Digital Marketing Resume Example
- Director of Finance Resume Example
- Director of Marketing Resume Example
- Distribution Manager Executive Resume Example
- Enterprise Sales Executive Resume Example
- Entertainment Executive Resume Example
- Environmental Executive Resume Example
- Executive Project Consultant Resume Example
- Executive Sales Resume Example
- Finance Executive Resume Example
- Financial Executive Resume Example
- High Level Executive Resume Example
- HR Executive Resume Example
- Insurance Executive Resume Example
- Investment Manager Resume Example
- Life Insurance Resume Example
- Manufacturing Executive Resume Example
- Marketing Executive Resume Example
- Marketing Sales Executive Resume Example
- Project Management Executive Resume Example
- Public Relations Executive Resume Example
- Retail Executive Resume Example
- Sales Executive Resume Example
- Software Sales Executive Resume Example
- Strategic Marketing Executive Resume Example
- Technology Sales Resume Example
- Vice President of Sales Resume Example