Resume Examples, Cover Letters and Writing Resources
A résumé is by definition a summary of personal qualifications and other experience presented for the purpose of communication to a prospective employer. This definition falls short of explaining the real objective of the document. It is common to use the word "resume" without accents, especially online as seen throughout our site.
A resume is the single personal marketing medium that for a brief period commands the reader's undivided attention. Properly written, they can shape the employer's opinion of your qualifications and experience. When writing a resume, most people only include their basic work history. However, with some guidance and use of well-presented examples on this site, you can learn how to build one that will stand well above your competition.
Our site has been publishing resume examples, templates, and writing advice for over 10 years. Our content is provided by Professional Resume Writing Firms, Certified Resume Writers, and Career Coaches and Job Search Consultants. As professional writers and former recruiters, the creators of Resume-Resource.com have compiled over 250 free resume examples and cover letter samples. We cover multiple industries, job positions and career levels from entry level to professional, and up to management and executives.
Try the Free Online Resume Builder or use the template samples to quickly create a professional quality document.
Check out our Writing Advice section here you can find helpful advice and tips from career professionals. Topics discuss writing techniques, common mistakes, cover letter writing, job search, job interviews and career advancement.
Resume Examples and Cover Letter Examples / Samples
Resume Writing, Jobs and Career Articles
Resume Writing Guides and Formats
- Published by career experts, our blog section provides writing advice, tips and guides. Also includes articles on cover letter writing, job search, job interviews, salary negotiation, severance pay, career disasters and unemployment.
- Definition and analysis of functional and reverse-chronological format. Guidelines to help you select the most appropriate format based on your career level and job experience.
- Quick tips for building online documents and optimizing ASCII text, HTML and PDF format. Guidelines for reorganizing text and posting the document on the web.
- Having trouble finding the right verb and other words to describe an action? Check out this list of power verbs. These words help you create statements that describe your tasks and achievements.
Cover Letter Examples / Samples and Letter Writing Guides
- for professionals in multiple industries. Sample cover letters for applying to job positions, submitting to cold job leads and responding to job ads.
- Provide helpful tips for preparing a winning cover letter that can help you introduce your interest in a job position. Use these tips along with our cover letter examples.
- Create thank you letters to send to employers during the post job interview process.
- Learn how to create a follow up letter to check the status of job position and further market your skills after you have submitted your resume to an employer.